Thursday, July 26, 2007

Week 9 Podcasts

I had fun exploring podcasts - I found things there I wouldn't have imagined...like old broadcasts of the radio program "Lone Ranger". I sent that link to my father, as he often talked about how much fun it was listening to those radio shows. It made me think that links to podcasts of this kind would be great to have on our website - certainly there are others who would get a kick of listening to old broadcasts for free! I also found some public domain books being read aloud as podcasts - things like Huck Finn, Anne of Green Gables, and Pride and Prejudice - ah, another source for those students looking for the talking books for some of the classics!

Of course, it is obvious that podcasts would be great to create for the library - for educating our users on services we offer, as well as educating staff. Once again, here is another resource that we, as librarians, need to remember is out there for ourselves and our patrons.

No comments: