Friday, July 27, 2007

Week 9 Audiobooks

I really like the tutorial for Overdrive and Netlibrary - something like each of these would be great to have on the Overdrive/Netlibrary page of the HCPL website.

I have downloaded ebooks from Overdrive in the past, and that is pretty easy to do. I have just downloaded an audiobook from Overdrive, and that is a little more complicated. One big thing to remember is that when you download Overdrive Media, click on Save, not Run.

However, now that I have everything working, it's really fun to listen to the book I checked out being read. I have played with some of the tools, and find the bookmarker works quite well.
I am looking forward to downloading books on an MP3 Player to see how all that works, as well.

I am finding this all quite exciting as I am realizing that all kinds of doors are opening up for me regarding the many different formats books are now available. I think I still prefer the written word in front of me, as I am a visual person, but it is fun to be read to - the narrator for the book I have checked out has a nice British accent, and as the book takes place in England, it's fun to hear the words pronounced as the writer meant them to be

No comments: