Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Week 8 Exploring Web 2.0

First, I have to say that my initial reaction to all these Web 2.0 sites was amazement at how many there are out there! While looking over the awards list of the sites, I was surprised to see some sites, like Craigslist, which I have been hearing about for years, is actually a Web 2.0 site - being so interactive!

I enjoyed looking at Biblio.com - a site where you can sell and buy rare or out of print books. That's definitely a site we librarians need to be aware of.

I also liked Lulu, which is an online self-publishing site. Not only can you publish word documents, making them accessible to others for review and editing, as well as accessible to yourself from any computer that has the internet, but you can create things like calendars, etc. I can definitely see potential uses of such a site here at the library. For instance, these kind of sites could be used to create a library calendar (an idea thrown around more than once).

No comments: