Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Week 5 Rollyo

I find that as I explore new technology and "get my feet wet" that I feel more and more confident trying new things.

Rollyo is an interesting concept, and since I do a lot of virtual reference, it is a nice place to keep track of favorite web sites that I tend to use when doing online research for virtual patrons. So I have created an account with that usage in mind. I have even added the link to my sidebar here (using the same steps as listed below for adding LibraryThing to my sidebar).

However, other than that kind of usage, I am having a hard time thinking of why I would need such a tool. To me, it is easier to just use google (or other search engines) - there are so many sites out there, that I would never claim to know all the best ones, put them in my rollyo account and then search only my rollyo search engine! However, I am going to keep my rollyo search engine out there and I'll add to it - time will tell if I decide this is the best way to go.

No comments: