Monday, July 9, 2007

Week 5 LibraryThing

I love the LibraryThing. I think it could be a great Reader's Advisory tool - a way to keep track of the books I have really enjoyed. I also like the idea of using this site to get recommendations for myself from other people who have enjoyed the same books I have.

Using this site was very easy - the hardest part was finding how to link my catalog to my blog - on the sidebar. First, I had to log in to my LibraryThing account and copy the URL from the address box of my browser. Then I needed to log in to my blog and clicked on Layout. On the next screen I clicked on "Add a page element". I clicked on "Link List" and put in the title "My Library Catalog" and then I pasted the link I had copied from LibaryThing into the "New Site URL box". I clicked Add Link and then Save Changes and when I viewed my blog the link was there on the sidebar as a live link.

The one thing I don't like about this site is that you seem to need to click on each book you want to put into your catalog. I have a few favorite authors and I've read most of their books, and I would have liked to have been able to move all their books into my catalog at one time.

How will I ever remember all these new sites I have joined since I began this adventure? :)

No comments: